THE BRUSH OFF
Bacteria builds on makeup brushes after every use, which makes cleaning your brushes an important part of the beauty regimen. Once a month, dip brushes in warm, soapy water (shampoo is fine, as is brush cleaner or a mild bar soap). Make sure to rinse the brushes thoroughly. Then, either blot them dry or use a hair dryer on the low setting, being careful not to bend the bristles.
—Danielle Sorbo, The Spa Aesthetician
CHIP OFF THE BLOCK
Making healthy food fun is one way to encourage your children to eat more of the nutrient-rich items. For an alternative to the kitchen fruit bowl, thinly slice bananas, strawberries, peaches and other favorites and spread them on a baking pan. Cover the fruit and freeze for a yummy, frozen treat.
— Wendy Camaano, Wellness Director
MOTION IS LIFE
Is joint pain keeping you from enjoying life? Join us for our complimentary seminar to learn more about joint pain relief and an in-depth discussion on hip and knee replacement.
• Wednesday, Sept. 11, 6:30-8 p.m. at Overlake Medical Center with James Bruckner, MD
• Wednesday, Oct. 16, 6:30-8 p.m. at Overlake Medical Clinics Highmark Specialty Clinic with Steven Ratcliffe, MD
• Wednesday, Oct. 23, 6:30-8 p.m. at Overlake Medical Center with Jonah Hulst, MD
Pre-registration required. Call 425-688-5259 or visit overlakehospital.org/MIL
— Overlake Hospital Medical Center
When doing weight exercises, such as overhead presses or bicep curls, watch yourself in the mirror. This will help you correct and maintain proper form to prevent injuries. It will also maintain your focus on flexing the right muscle groups and not straining sensitive back areas.
EASTSIDE VITALITY HEALTH MONTH
September is Eastside Vitality Health Month at Overlake. Overlake Medical Center will once again partner with our Overlake Medical Clinics physicians, cardiologists and staff to offer free community health screenings through the month of September.
- Sept. 7 – Overlake Medical Clinics Kirkland
- Sept. 14 – Overlake Medical Clinics Highmark in Issaquah
- Sept. 21 – Overlake Medical Clinics Redmond
- Sept. 28 – Overlake Medical Center, hospital campus
All of the health fairs will be held from 8-11 a.m. Call 425-688-6191, or visit overlakehosptial.org/eastsidevitality for more information.