Have you ever wondered how to get all the seeds out of a pomegranate quickly, without a mess?
Here is the secret:
- Cut a whole pomegranate into four sections.
- Fill a large bowl halfway with water.
- Place one section of the pomegranate in the water. With pomegranate and hands submerged, begin breaking and peeling the seeds away from the membrane. The membrane will float and the seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl. Continue with the remaining three sections.
- Once all the seeds are off the membrane, scoop up the floating pieces and discard.
- Pour the water and seeds into a strainer. Rinse them.
- Enjoy the seeds by the spoonful or add to other foods such as yogurt, oatmeal and salad.
Makes: about 1 cup seeds
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 1g