Preparation time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
This one dish meal can cook while you exercise and deliciously solves the problem of what to eat for dinner.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small purple or red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them evenly throughout the dish. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans.
- Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet.
- Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet.
- Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.